Descendants of Ngāruahine Iwi can register with Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust by completing the online registration form. Registering with your Iwi is voluntary, however we actively encourage you to register and encourage your whānau to register as well.
- To participate in the election of Board members and in decisions relating to the Treaty Settlements.
- To help set the future direction.
- To access entitlements as determined by the Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust Board.
- To stay up to date with what is happening within Ngāruahine
To apply for membership to Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust you:
- Must whakapapa to Ngāruahine hapū;
- Must be 18 years or older to complete your own application form. This entitles you to participate in the voting and decision making processes.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parents or guardians can register you through their registration form (however you cannot vote until you reach the age of 18 years).
The Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust Membership Committees assesses all applications against the requirements of the Trust Deed.
- A copy of this application will be forwarded to the appropriate committee(s) for verification.
- Applications from whangai are managed in accordance of the tikanga of Ngāruahine as set out in the Trust Deed.
- The Membership Committees may request further information in support of your application.
- You will be notified in writing about the status of your application.
Privacy of Information
- The information supplied is confidential within the terms of the Privacy Act 1993 and is solely for the lawful use by Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust.
- A registered member may view their personal details held on the register and the registration details of any child or dependant under 18 years of age who they registered.
- The information requested in this application is consistent with the requirements of the Maori Fisheries Act 2004.